About our Scholarship Program
SAE offers scholarships to outstanding creative media applicants and those in financial need. SAE Scholarships are awarded to recognise creative talent coupled with academic excellence and outstanding leadership.
Needs Based Scholarships are awarded to high-achieving secondary school leavers who have demonstrated outstanding scholarly ability, strong leadership skills and creative potential, and who are most in need of financial assistance. The aim of this scholarship is to assist graduating secondary school students and provide them with an opportunity to develop skills and achieve their goals within the creative media industry.
|Who can apply:||New, commencing students|
|Intake:||January 2017||Applications close:||22d of December 2016|
|Intake:||May 2017||Applications close:||20th of April 2017|
|Intake:||September 2017||Applications close:||15th of August 2017|
|Intake:||January 2018||Applications close:||21st of December 2017|
Recipients will be entitled to a 1/3 academic scholarship towards a bachelor degree over the course of two years. Scholarships can be undertaken in one of the following disciplines:
Animation, Audio, Design, Film, or Games.
Applicants must satisfy the normal degree entry requirements :
- Minimum 17 years old (turning 18 in the year of commencement)
- Completion of Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE) or similar (guidelines available)
- Applicants must be commencing students who have not previously studied with SAE
Applications can be emailed to email@example.com (Please ensure the email subject line clearly states applicants name and Scholarship to which they are applying for).
Applicants also need to apply to enrol to study for the next intake.
- Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter (single A4 page) that details why you should receive a scholarship at SAE Institute Dubai. This should include a description of your financial need.
- An extensive portfolio showcasing samples of your best work Two references from your school or employer
- Passport copy showing proof of age
- Salary certificate of the guarantor (individual responsible for payment of the tuition fees) produced within the last six months
- Bank statements of the guarantor (individual responsible for payment of the tuition fees) covering 6 months of active use. This statement should be from the account where salary is deposited
*As a guideline, we accept URL links provided along with your email application. Digital formats can include soundcloud, dropbox, youtube and other digital media channels. Your portfolio should include examples that display your best design skills, illustrations, showreels, audio files and other work relevant to the course you are applying for.