|AED 950||6 hours / 2 sessions
||Fri & Sat|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|22 May 2020||DJ Foundations Certificate||3pm to 6pm
|19 Jun 2020|
|Delivery Method||Language||Age Requirements|
* These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
A first step for students of DJing to familiarise themselves with a key part of modern DJing.
This weekend course is specifically designed to inculcate a foundational technical understanding of Digital DJ software among the aspiring music artists and acts as a progressive stepping-stone towards the Beginner DJ courses.
The following is the outline of syllabus covered
- What is digital DJ software?
- Are some softwares better than others?
- How do modern DJs use it
- Step by step workshop to setup Serato DJ software
- How to organize your music collection for DJing
- Music file types and audio quality
- Secrets to make your life easier as a DJ
- Introduction to the basics of song analysis
- Song structure
- Using cue points
- Using loops
- Students will gain a foundational understanding of digital dj software
- How to navigate it
- How to start organising themselves to become djs or for existing DJs to organise themselves better
- The basics of song analysis and DJ set preparation