On Screen Acting
|AED 3,500||30 hours||Weekdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|TBA||SAE On Screen Acting||6pm - 9pm/Weekdays|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This course will define the differences between film, television and stage acting, as well as other aspects of acting. It will introduce students to on-camera performance in various genres. It will address the technical requirements of TV and film acting such as playing to the camera, shooting out of sequence, blocking, and other production considerations. Through exercises and scene study, this course will familiarize students with multiple on-camera acting techniques.It will expand each performer's range of emotional, intellectual, physical, and vocal expressiveness for the camera. In addition to learning basic on camera acting techniques and script analysis, students will explore the process of finding work in the field, build a promising portfolio and audition/call back etiquette.
Who it's for
- Anyone who wants to get substantial skills in acting in front of a camera, for film, TV and commercials.
- Actors who would like to know how to build their portfolio and enter the field.
- Know the differences between stage and film acting. And will understand different acting methods.
- Create backstories and connect with characters easily.
- Interact with co-actors and props on screen.
- Understand the relevant technical and professional terminologies associated with mediated performance, and will have an idea what to expect in a set environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and read film/TV scenes.
- Understand how to demonstrate on camera blocking.
- Prepare for on-camera auditioning.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accepting and incorporating constructive criticism into their performances, while developing the skills needed to humanely and insightfully evaluate both personal artistic efforts and the work of others.
- Build their acting showreel and portfolio.