Acting (Abu Dhabi)
Acting Short Course
|AED 3,500||8 sessions / 24 hours||Saturdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|25 Sept 2021||SAE Acting||10 AM - 5 PM|
|On Campus||English||Young Creatives/Adults|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This course teach students the art of creating believable characters as well as maintaining focus, when performing. Breathing, the proper use of emotions and body as well as Stanislavsky’s Sense Memory exercise helps students achieve not just the results but the capacity to stand out. Students will also get into the habit of research which will put them a step ahead, with the ability to read a script understand the concept of performance and the discipline for longevity for the craft and the actor. Students will also learn the basics of the business as well as the unwritten rules so that they can hit the ground running.
- Know the differences between stage and film acting. And will understand different acting methods.
- Create backstories and connect with characters easily.
- Interact with co-actors and props on screen.
- Understand the relevant technical and professional terminologies associated with mediated performance, and will have an idea what to expect in a set environment.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze and read film/TV scenes.
- Understand how to demonstrate on camera blocking.
- Prepare for on-camera auditioning.
- Demonstrate proficiency in accepting and incorporating constructive criticism into their performances, while developing the skills needed to humanely and insightfully evaluate both personal artistic efforts and the work of others.
- Build their acting showreel and portfolio.
Day 1 (Introduction to Acting)
- Creating Character I
- Creating Character II
Day 2 (Character)
Day 3 (Emotional Improv)
Day 4 (Pacing)
- Sense Memory
- The Business