|AED 4,000||36 hours||2 Weekdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|14 Dec 2019
||SAE Audio Engineering
||6pm - 9pm|
|05 Jan 2020||Certificate|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
The Audio Engineering Course combines theoretical, technical and practical skills of recording, editing and mixing audio. The course presents basic sound theory; microphone techniques, recording workflow, signal processing, signal flow, console operation, and software editing with industry standard software. Even if Pro-Tools isn’t your DAW of choice, the skills learned are transferable to all digital audio workstations.
Who it's for
- You-Tubers, or anyone creating audio visual content for the web.
- Budding musicians or producers who are recording or composing in home studios.
- Those who are considering a career in audio and want to sample a piece of the bachelor's degree
- Post-production professionals who want to improve the quality of their dialogue, music and effects tracks
- Access to Google Drive
- Laptop or notepads for writing notes
- All technical gear will be provided by the campus
- Avid Pro Tools
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic signal flow in a recording studio environment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of small recording studio operations.
- Operate a DAW to capture live musical performances, including recording and mixing.
- Manage an audio recording session following professional practices.
- Complete a stereo audio mixdown.
- Demonstrate practical soldering skills for audio cables and connectors.