Comic Book Art
Comic Book Art Short Course
|AED 3,500||36 hours||2 Weekdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|13 Mar 2020||Comic Book Art Certificate||6pm - 9pm|
|17 May 2020|
* These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
About This Course
Join our Comic Book Art and learn the process of understanding digital painting to line art which encapsulates all areas of comic illustration. Through individual and class exercises, along with one-on-one discussions with the experienced tutor; during this course, the students learn freehand drawing techniques and then will progress into using Adobe Photoshop end with time-efficient digital methods. Topics will include fundamentals of drawing, perspective, character development, storyboarding, inking, lettering and coloring. As the sessions conclude you will discover how to market your work with a complete portfolio of world-building including characters and environments.
Is this course for you?
- Creative people who want to transition from traditional to digital illustration
- Designers intending to develop their abilities in the comic book domain
- Anyone who wants to learn about the process of creating comics and graphic novels
- Those looking to build a portfolio of artwork to apply for a position or those joining for further cartooning or illustration courses
- Comic book enthusiasts who want to express creativity and meet like-minded people
- The general principles of this course apply to manga as much as superhero, funny animal or underground comics
- Photoshop interface for the digital comic artist
- Fine-art drawing exercises
- Environment illustration
- Character illustration
- Digital Inking
- Colour theory
- Finalising character model sheets for comics and animation
- Fundamentals of Digital Painting