Character Rigging for Games and Film
Introduction To Character Rigging for Games & Films
|AED 2,500||32 hours||Mondays and Wednesdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|29 Jun 2020||Character Rigging||6pm - 8pm|
|Delivery Method||Language||Age group|
|Available On-Campus and LIVE Online||English||16+|
* These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
This program offers an introduction to creating animation friendly rigs for games and film using 3DS Max, starting from rigging simple props to creatures, before advancing to a biped skeleton. For games, Unreal Engine 4 will be used to test the rigs later in the course. Though the course will mostly revolve around creating rigs for games, the same can be applied for film. This is a beginner friendly course that, during the 8 weeks of study, students will be expected to complete projects and achieve the requirements in order to pass.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Create a variety of rigs within 3DS Max
- Demonstrate skinning and weight painting abilities within 3DS Max
- Set up IK/FK joint systems within 3DS Max
- 3D software to game engine integration for rigs (Unreal Engine 4)