Fundamentals of Short-Filmmaking
|AED 2,500||10 sessions / 30 Hours||Mon & Wed|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|21 Jun 2020||Fundamentals of Short Filmmaking Certificate||6pm - 8pm|
|Delivery Method||Language||Age Requirements|
|Available On-Campus and LIVE Online||English||16+|
* These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
Through this program we will understand the fundamentals of planning and executing your short films. We understand what goes into successfully executing a short film and how we can insure there are no setbacks along the way.
We start off by understanding the hierarchy on a set and by learning what roles keep the short film going. We follow up by getting a brief understanding of how to come up with ideas and script them. We will learn how to break that script down and to plan various departments according to that script. We will go over some core foundational cinematography & lighting principles that must be kept in mind at all times when completing the pre-production documents.
Who this program is suited for
Anyone with an interest in understanding the basics of filmmaking before the production process begins.
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
- Distinguish between different roles on a film set
- Understand what each person on a set does and how they play a vital role in the production
- Come up with your own ideas and be able to script them
- Understand how to take your script and break it down
- Understand the importance of pre-production documents and how they help in production and post
- Understand the basic principles of film gear
- Understand foundational cinematography and be able to set up any manual camera
- Learn core lighting techniques that will help you light any scene
- Understand the importance of audio and how it plays a major role in every film
- Be ready to script, breakdown and plan for your short film