|AED 4,000||30 hours||Weekdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|22 Mar 2019
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This 6-week course is designed for you to discover your potential as an interior designer. You will have the chance to learn the basics of Interior Design while designing a project. Through this, you will develop your design awareness and learn the basics of planning and putting together a design scheme. This enables you to complete your qualification with a diverse body of work, which then forms the basics of your design portfolio.
The course will be placed on developing your practical skills as we guide you through the design process employed by a professional interior designer. You will learn the three-dimensional thinking, mood boards, sample boards and how to produce scale drawings to plan an interior space. The course’s practical approach will prepare you for a future in the design profession, and will provide vital insights into the realities of the design world. New design theory and techniques will be introduced at relevant points within the course, allowing students to develop basic skills in interior designing.
The course is very ‘hands-on’ and practical in its approach with students being exposed to various projects to practice the techniques given to them. By the end of this course, you will have begun to develop a range of design skills to be able to read technical drawings and put together an interior design concept for any space.
Who it's for
- Anyone with a passion for interior design and arts, who would like to get a basic introduction to Interior Design
- Individuals who need to prepare a portfolio for a full-time Interior Design study program
- Professionals or entrepreneurs who would like to gain a better understanding of the interior design workflow
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- *For delegates who are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses a special consideration process from management is required.
- Introduction to interior design
- Architectural drawing and how to read them
- Space planning
- The basics of the most common design styles (classic, contemporary, retro)
- Mood boards and concept design
- Detailed design (partitions, ceiling and flooring)
- Understanding material and material selection
- Material boards
- Final design and how to present it
Enrol By: 05 May 2019
Start Date: 06 May 2019
End Date: 05 Jun 2019
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. Courses cater to two different age groups; 14-17 years and 18 years and above.
Fees and Payments