|AED 4,000||36 hours||2 Weekdays|
|Next Starting Date||Qualification||Usual Timings*|
|8 April 2019
||SAE Audio Engineering
||6pm - 9pm|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
The Audio Engineering Short Course combines the theoretical, technical and practical skills of recording audio and mixing audio, a fundamental working knowledge of recording studio equipment and operations is central to an audio engineer. The course aims to teach students basic sound theory, microphone techniques, recording workflow, signal processing and signal flow, console operation, software editing, DAW operations and the use of the industry-standard software. The valuable industry practice of applying soldering skills for audio cables and connectors is also explored.
Who it's for
- Anyone who wishes to build their foundational skills in audio engineering, basic recording techniques, and digital audio editing
- Individuals wanting to learn industry-standard techniques and latest software
- Access to Google Drive
- Laptop or notepads for writing notes
- All technical gear will be provided by the campus
- Avid Pro Tools
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic signal flow in a recording studio environment.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of small recording studio operations.
- Operate a DAW to capture live musical performances, including recording and mixing.
- Manage an audio recording session following professional practices.
- Complete a stereo audio mixdown.
- Demonstrate practical soldering skills for audio cables and connectors.
This short course is the perfect stepping stone into the degree program as it contains many elements from the Introduction to Audio Engineering unit taken from the Bachelor's degree. Thus, on completion of the short course, students have the opportunity to apply for 'Recognition of Prior Learning' (RPL) and earn credit points for when you start the degree!*
*For more information on the RPL process, please contact our Admissions Advisor
Enrol By: 07 Apr 2019
Start Date: 08 Apr 2019
End Date: 13 May 2019
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. Courses cater to two different age groups; 14-17 years and 18 years and above.
Fees and Payments
(All fees are excluding VAT)