University Bridging Program
SAE Dubai in collaboration with Central Institution of Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CIIE) introduces the University Bridging Program (SQA Advanced Certificate).
This program has been designed to provide learners with a vibrant and challenging creative experience, which will draw on their existing skills and strengths, and assist with the development of their creative vision. The intention is to provide learners with a sufficiently broad base of art and design skills, pertinent to either employment as a practicing artist or designer, or alternatively, for successful articulation onto a diverse range of Higher Education Institute degree programs.
The SQA Advanced Certificate units provide learners with a coherent foundation of key skills and knowledge that will support their subject-specific content. The modules are tailored curricula to meet a diversity of needs within the context to make informed choices for later specialization and in preparation for a Creative Media degree with SAE.
Early high-school leavers (age 16 and above)
What is the purpose and the duration of this program?
This Preparatory Program is aimed to instill campus-readiness among the enrolled candidates. It is a one year long program.
What are the prerequisites for enrolling into this program?
- Successful completion of Grade 10 (Applicants should hold a minimum 55% aggregate in CBSE Grade X / Cambridge O’Level / equivalent)
- English proficiency letter (IELTS/TOEFL)
How is it delivered?
It is a blended program delivered using virtual (online) methods as well as on-campus classes.
What modules are covered in this program?
This one year University Bridge Program will cover the following modules:
- Academic writing and oral communication skills
- Independent and collaborative learning skills
- Personal Development Planning
- An introduction to the creative media industry
- Critical and creative thinking techniques
- Creative project development (Elective-based)
- Reviewing cultural products such as games, films, and albums
What is the application process?
As with all SQA qualifications, entry is decided by the college, university or learning provider. As a guide, they will look for:
- School-leaving qualifications equivalent to RQF/CQFW level 6
- A centre-devised test which shows the learner’s ability to study at SQA Advanced Certificate/Diploma level
- Relevant work experience
How much does the University Bridge Program cost?
The program costs AED 48,000 with flexible payment plans available.
Who can I get in touch with for more details and enrollment processes?
You can contact:
Christina Kallas - Head of Enrollments, SAE Dubai
Hadeel Dalgamouni - Head of Enrollments, SAE Abu Dabi