Creative Media Prep Program
What you need to know about this course
The SAE Dubai CMPP Course prepares students for direct entry into SAE Dubai’s Bachelor’s Degree Programs. It introduces students to create media and study skills in a supportive, specialized environment that allows them to explore their creativity, learn about the industry, and build the study skills necessary to succeed in the Bachelor’s Degree Program.
The course is taught by highly qualified and professional academic staff who are selected for their expertise and dedication to provide students with every chance to succeed. Students who successfully complete the preparatory program perform better at the undergraduate level.
What do students learn?
Students who choose to enroll in the preparatory course receive tuition from professional staff in the following areas:
- Academic writing and oral communication skills
- Independent and collaborative learning skills
- An introduction to the creative media industry
- Critical and creative thinking techniques
- Formulating and pitching a creative project
- Reviewing cultural products such as games, films, and albums
English language requirements
Students have to provide additional evidence of language skills and complete one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A band score of 6 or higher for a Higher Education (HE) course and 5.5 or higher for a VET course (only the Academic Test is accepted), OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 550 or higher (paper-based test), 60 or higher (internet-based test) for a Higher Education (HE) course and a minimum score of 527 (paper-based test) or 46 (internet based test) for a VET course, OR
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR): An overall rating of 3, OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 50 (or higher) for a Higher Education (HE) course, and an Academic score of 42 (or higher) for a vocational education program, OR
- Completion of Year 12 English at an Australian secondary school or college or equivalent with a minimum result of “Satisfactory” or equivalent.
Academic Entry Requirement
- Australian completion of year 10 high school certificate (HSC) or its equivalent;
- Age groups: 16 years and above
The CMPP Difference
- Study skills with a focus on creative media
- An exploration of creative media through practical projects
- Using industry-standard hardware and software in the learning process
- Building future industry networks through academic collaboration with the varied creative media disciplines
- The preparatory course equips students with study skills, learning strategies, and fundamental academic abilities to prepare them for success in their studies at the undergraduate level
- Students who complete the preparatory course perform better in the undergraduate courses
“The CMPP program had an astounding influence on the way I work. It left me with many actionable takeaways from confidently presenting in front of an audience to immensely improving my writing and researching skills, which I can now forever use in my professional career! What more, I had the chance to interact with other creative individuals from different majors along the way, who are now some of my closest friends!”
- Mark Gomis
3 Months Full Time
Enrol By: N/A
Start Date: N/A
End Date: N/A
Students seeking admission to SAE must be at least 16+ years of age at the time of application.
Applicants must meet English language requirements as outlined below.
English language requirements
International students need to provide additional evidence of language skills including one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a band score of at least 6, or equivalent, OR
- Completion of Year 12 English at an Australian secondary school or college, or equivalent.
Fees and Payments
Fees: view our current Fee Schedule for information on SAE course fees.
Payment options: upfront trimester instalments.