Experience Based Entry
SAE recognises that preparation for study is not restricted to formal educational attainment and that valuable intellectual and skills development can be gained through wide ranging experiences. SAE will review applications on a case by case basis from persons of at least 18 years of age, who do not have formal qualifications for entry but who seek admission to programs on the basis of their educational and skills development through professional, work and/or life experience and/or non-accredited study. International applicants will only be considered for Experience Based Entry if they have the minimum required level of English competency.
To apply via Experience Based Entry, students will need to undertake an interview with an assigned representative of SAE and will be required to provide supporting evidence that may include:
- Records of any formal qualifications attained;
- Evidence of any informal studies undertaken;
- References relating to work history relevant to the chosen field of study (if applicable);
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae; and
- A portfolio of relevant materials that demonstrates creative, technical and intellectual skills and abilities.
In all cases Experience Based Entry into a HE course, will only be granted to students with at least a Year 10 level of schooling.
In addition, candidates may also be asked to undertake our CMPP to satisfactorily demonstrate capacity to meet the degree course requirements.
To set up an Experience Based Entry Application meeting, please contact your campus.