SAE entry requirements vary depending on which course you are applying for. An overview of entry requirements is given below. Alternatively, simply check the 'Key Facts' section of your chosen course for the entry requirements relevant to you.
For Degree Courses
Students seeking admission to SAE must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
Applicants must satisfy one of the following minimum entry criteria:
- High School completion certificate equivalent to the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE), OR
- Completion of a diploma level qualification issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), OR
- Successful completion of our Foundation course,
- Alternative entry for applicants who do not meet the requirements of options 1, 2, or 3. Please read the section below on alternative entry or contact your campus directly for more information.
English language requirements
Students have to provide additional evidence of language skills and complete one of the following:
For Short Courses
For Short Courses
Students seeking admission to SAE must be at least 14 years of age at the time of application.
Some short courses may require specific prior knowledge of software or hardware. Please contact your campus directly for more information.
High School Certificate Equivilancies
The main entry requirement for our courses is a completion certificate equivalent to the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE). As our students come from all over the world we rank many different qualifications as equivalent to our minumum entry requirement. Some of these are listed below. However, if yours is not listed or if you have any questions please contact us for clarification. If you do not meet the minimum entry requirement you may be eligible for Alternative Entry.
Australian Curriculum (Default):
- Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE) - 12th grade completion certificate
- International Baccalaureate (IB) - equivalent to 13th grade
- IB Diploma Yr2 - equivalent to 13th grade
- IB Diploma Yr 1 - equivalent to 12th grade
- GED ( mins. of 3 subjects) - equivalent to 12th grade
- GCE -A level ( mis. of 3 subjects) - equivalent to 12th grade
- IGCSE - equivalent to 11th grade
- GCSE - equivalent to 10th grade
- O level ( min. of 5 subjects ) - equivalent to 11th grade
- As level ( min. of 3 subjects ) - equivalent to 12th grade
- A level - equivalent to 13th grade
- Btech Diploma level 1 - equivalent to 10th grade
- Btech Diploma level 2 - equivalent to 11th grade
- Btech Diploma level 3 - equivalent to 12th grade
- Btech Diploma level 4 - equivalent to 13th grade
- CBSE ( min. of 5 subjects ) - equivalent to 12th grade
- CISCE ( min. of 5 subjects ) - equivalent to 12th grade
- West bengal State Board ( min. of 5 subjects ) - equivalent to 12th grade
The SAE Foundation Course is designed for students who may not initially meet our entry requirements to prepare them with the knowledge and skills to succeed in higher education. Students who successfully complete this course will gain entry to undergraduate study. The Foundation courses is intended to help students adapt to the academic environment and life in higher education institutions.
Courses and Qualifications
There are two major advantages to undertaking the foundation course at SAE Dubai:
- Successful completion of a foundation course may guarantee entry into specific courses at SAE Institute Dubai.
- Foundation courses allow students to ‘adapt’ to the education system and life before commencing university or college studies.
Foundation Courses by and large offer some insight into the teaching approach through lectures and tutorials, this ensures students are familiar with this way of learning, and feel prepared for their chosen Degree course.
- 3,000 AED (registration fee) and 12,000 AED
- SAE Foundation certificate
- Australian completion of year 10 high school certificate (HSC) or its equivalent;
- Minimum age of 16 years
- and IELTS overall band score 5.5 or higher.
SAE recognise that preparation for study is not restricted to formal educational attainment and that valuable cognitive and skills development can be gained through experience.
SAE will review applications on a case by case basis if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Do not have formal qualifications for entry
- Seek admission to courses on the basis of your aptitude for higher learning and skills development through professional, work, life experience and non-accredited study.
To apply via Alternative Entry, students are required to undertake an interview with an assigned representative of SAE and provide supporting evidence that may include:
- Records of any formal qualifications attained
- Evidence of any informal studies undertaken
- References relating to work history relevant to the chosen field of study (if applicable)
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae and
- A portfolio of relevant materials that demonstrates creative aptitude, knowledge, technical skills and abilities.
In addition, candidates may also be asked to undertake our foundation course to satisfactorily demonstrate capacity to meet the degree course requirements.
In all cases Alternative Entry into a HE course will only be granted to students with at least a Year 10 level of schooling.
To set up an Alternative Entry Application meeting, please contact your campus.