|AED 5,000||24 hours||2 Weekdays|
|19 Mar 2018
||VR Course Certificate
||6pm - 9pm|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This course is designed for students who are new to virtual reality and want to learn about creating a fun interactive game in VR. In this course students will learn about the basics principles of VR including but not limited to stereoscopic rendering, tracking, interacting with a virtual world and most importantly creating a VR game using the Unity game engine. This course requires you to have a very basic understanding of programming. This course does not require you to have any experience in game development or using the Unity game engine.
By the end of this course, you will have created and deployed VR game using the Unity game engine.
Who it's for
- This course is designed for people who have very little or no experience in game development but want to learn how to create a game in VR using the Unity game engine.
- This course requires at minimum a beginner level knowledge in programming.
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. Courses cater to two different age groups; 14-17 years and 18 years and above.
Duration: 25 hours
Course fee: 5,000 AED
Timings: 2 x Weekdays (6pm - 9pm)
Qualifications: VR Course Certificate
- Unity 5.6 or above
- Oculus SDK
- JAVA JDK / JRE
- Android SDK
- Visual Studio 2017
- Introduction to Unity
- Introduction to VR
- Creating a VR project in Unity
- Setting up Camera, disabling Image Effects and changing Render Scale
- Interaction in VRUI in VR
- Movement in VR
- Testing and optimizing VR project
Enrol By: 15 Mar 2018
Start Date: 19 Mar 2018
End Date: 11 Apr 2018
Students seeking admission to SAE must be at least 17 years of age at the time of application.
Applicants must have successfully completed secondary studies (high school) or have completed the SAE Dubai Foundation course.
Applicants must meet English language requirements as outlined below.
English language requirements
International students need to provide additional evidence of language skills including one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a band score of at least 6, or equivalent, OR
- Completion of Year 12 English at an Australian secondary school or college, or equivalent.
Fees and Payments
(All fees are excluding VAT)