Mobile App Development
|AED 6,000||12 Sessions||2 Weekdays|
|21 Oct 2017||Mobile App Development||6pm-9pm|
|21 Jan 2018||Certificate|
|21 Apr 2018|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of programming for mobile phones (iOS and Android devices). Along with application development, the business model of the Apple App Store and Android Market will be explored. Participants will be introduced to the programming environment for application development and will have a hands-on approach to programming using appropriate programming languages.
Who it's for
- Individuals who possess eagerness to learn programming and keen to create their own business-related apps
- Anyone who wishes to get fundamental skills in programming for mobiles in addition to the theories and technicalities in developing a mobile software
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. Courses cater to two different age groups; 14-17 years and 18 years and above.
Duration: 12 Sessions
Course fee: 6,000 AED
Timings: 2x Weekdays 6pm-9pm
Qualifications: Mobile App Dev. Certificate
- Android Studio
- Introduction to Objective-C and the frameworks used for development
- Introduction to Java and Eclipse programming environment
- Fundamentals of Objective C / Java / C# Programming
- iPhone / Android / Monotouch SDKs & programming environment
- Navigating around the mobile programming environment and its various related resources
- Mobile app business model
- Introduction to mobile specific frameworks used for development
- Resources and example tutorials on mobile Development
- Devices specific APIs such as accelerometer control, camera usage, GPS, Location services
- Preparation of iPhone and Android application for submission
- Knowledge on how the Apple app and Android Market processes work
- Amir Jahanlou: Amir Jahanlou is a self-taught computer animator and programmer. He started his career as a computer graphics artist in 1997 and soon after he worked as a 3D artist for numerous TV stations and post-production houses. Currently, he is SAE Dubai's assistant manager. Besides his managerial role, he is also school's course coordinator for the games programming degree. He holds a MSC in Creative Digital Media and his expertise cover a wide range of computer graphics, programming, 3D and interactive development.
Enrol By: N/A
Start Date: N/A
End Date: N/A
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
For delegates who are are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses a special consideration process from management is required.