|AED 6,000||6 Weeks||2 Weekdays|
|26th Jan 2017||Mobile App Development||6pm-9pm|
|29th Apr 2017||Certificate|
|15th Jul 2017|
|7th Oct 2017|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
- This course focuses on the fundamentals of programming for mobile phones (iOS and Android devices). Along with application development, the business model of the Apple App Store and Android Market will be explored.
- Participants will be introduced to the programming environment for application development and will have a hands-on approach to programming using appropriate programming languages.
- Participants will be able to produce functional applications by the end of the course.
Who it's for
- Participants should possess eagerness to learn programming and keen to embark on a journey as architects of their own software.
- Previous background in programming is not compulsory but is recommended as sessions include fundamentals of programming in addition to the theories and technicalities to develop mobile software.
- xCode - Objective-c
- Eclipse - Java
- Xamarin - C#
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- *For delegates who are are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses a special consideration process from management is required.
- Introduction to Objective-C and the frameworks used for development
- Introduction to Java and Eclipse programming environment
- Fundamentals of Objective C / Java / C# Programming
- iPhone / Android / Monotouch SDKs & programming environment
- Navigating around the mobile programming environment and its various related resources
- Mobile app business model
- Introduction to mobile specific frameworks used for development
- Resources and example tutorials on mobile Development
- Devices specific APIs such as accelerometer control, camera usage, GPS, Location services
- Preparation of iPhone and Android application for submission
- Knowledge on how the Apple app and Android Market processes work
- Amir Jahanlou: Amir Jahanlou is a self-taught computer animator and programmer. He started his career as a computer graphics artist in 1997 and soon after he worked as a 3D artist for numerous TV stations and post-production houses. Currently, he is SAE Dubai's assistant manager. Besides his managerial role, he is also school's course coordinator for the games programming degree. He holds a MSC in Creative Digital Media and his expertise cover a wide range of computer graphics, programming, 3D and interactive development.