|AED 5,000||6 Weeks||2 Weekdays|
|29th Jan 2017||SAE Photography Certificate||6pm-9pm|
|2nd Apr 2017|
|14th Aug 2017|
|9th Oct 2017|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of photography. A systematic and thorough approach is emphasized in the area of image sensors and digital workflow. Students develop essential skills for obtaining consistent results and a foundation in photography as a visual language.
Also, this course is a survey of the visual structure and history of photography, examining individuals, movements and the theories behind them that are the foundation of the art form, including topics on composition, and light and its effect.
Who it's for
Photography enthusiasts aged 16 and above who are looking to get the most out of their DSLR camera. Students must have their own DSLR camera for the course. This course can be used as a ‘stepping stone’ for students who wish to progress to our more advanced qualifications, and our BA degrees.
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 17 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Lightroom
- Introduction to photography
- Quality of light
- Aperture and depth of field
- Shutter speed
- Image size
- Understanding your camera (camera types, sensors, manual controls)
- Working with different lenses
- Photographic optics, perspective and shot composition
- Portraiture and human figure
- Capturing motion and shooting action
- Focusing modes and tracking
- Practical shooting exercises
- Basics of digital post-production in photography