|AED 5,000||6 Weeks||2 Weekdays|
|21st May 2017||Journalism Certificate||6pm-9pm|
|26th Nov 2017|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
- This course is an introduction to journalism and reporting, including writing and analyzing news across different media.
- The course will give students an overview of journalism with a particular emphasis on web and digital media.
- The course approaches the subject from a practical perspective; portraying case studies and analyzing examples derived from real-news events. Teaching and learning will include lectures, video presentations, class discussions, and presentation of case studies relevant to the region and the world today.
Who it's for
- Anyone interested to get in to the field of Journalism and would like to explore this field as an area for study
- Individuals who need to get a foundation in Journalism as preparation for a full-time Journalism/Communications study program
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this program.
- The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- Journalism 101: Ethics of Journalism
- What Makes a Good Story: Researching and Finding Good Stories
- Writing for web, TV, radio, print
- Reporting Interviews and On Ground Events
- Styles of Writing: Editorial, Columns, News, Feature
- Web Journalism
- Camera Operator Skills
- Video Editing and Production