|AED 9,000||12 Weeks||Weekends|
|22nd April 2017||Advanced Graphic Design
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
- This course expands the knowledge of students in visual communication by providing the theory and technicalities needed to bridge between the business/marketing strategy and professional standards of design. Students will be introduced to Business and Marketing terminology and tools that will advance their careers as professional graphic designers.
- The course will give you an overview of the complete professional Graphic Design production process; from the development of visual concepts and communication strategies, project planning and pitching, to the design implementation in professional graphic software, pre-press, quality control, and finally the successful presentation of the product.
Who it's for
- Graphic Designers that wish to expand on their design skills and creative skills. The course will help students to deliver more relevant artwork to the client brief through the theoretical tips and tools provided by the course; and with more details and faster pace through the technicalities and shortcuts delivered through the technical sessions.
- Entrepreneurs who would like to be able to design graphics for their corporate communication such as logos, business cards or newspaper advertisements.
- Students should have previous design experience where they know the tools and have worked with the software previously at a basic level, and possess knowledge of the design principles, grid layout, rule of third, color theory. Ideally students should have finished SAE’s Graphic design short course.
- *For delegates who are are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses a special consideration process from management is required.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Demonstrate mastery of creative thinking and market relevant ideation
- Indicate the ability to execute high end artwork using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Establish an understanding of how an identity can be turned in to a brand.
- Design principles
- Color theory
- Visual communication
- Professional skills in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Logo Design
- Business cards, letterheads, advertisements, brochures and posters
- Project management