|AED 6,000||8 Weeks||2 Weekdays|
|16th Jan 2017||SAE Audio Production
|3rd Apr 2017||Certificate|
|7th Aug 2017|
|16th Oct 2017|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
- The Audio Short Course combines the theoretical, technical and practical skills of audio engineering into an intensive 8-week program. The course covers the basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to record and mix a multi-track project including; basic sound theory, microphone techniques, recording workflow, signal processing and signal flow (analogue and digital), console operation, and the use of industry-standard Pro Tools software. SAE Institute has invested in the latest professional technology to give its students the edge in this competitive market.
- Who it's for
- The 8-week course is intended for anyone who wants to develop skills in audio engineering such as basic recording techniques, mixing, and digital audio editing. The programme is open to anyone 17 years and above with no prior experience nor personal equipment required.
- On completion of the course students will have the skills to plan, record and mix a piece of work adhering to both technical and creative requirements. This course can be used as a ‘stepping stone’ for students who wish to progress to our Bachelor of Audio Production programme.
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- *For delegates who are are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses a special consideration process from management is required.
- Avid Pro Tools
- basic sound theory
- working with microphones
- the recording console
- preparing for a recording
- recording techniques/signal flow
- DAW fundamentals
- basic digital audio editing techniques
- signal processing
- mixing techniques/signal flow
- bouncing audio