|AED 5,000||6 Weeks||2 Weekdays|
|12th Feb 2017||Digital Illustration Certificate||6pm-9pm|
|23rd Apr 2017|
|9th Jul 2017|
|22nd Oct 2017|
*These times are based on how the course has been run in the past and are subject to change before each start date.
What you need to know about this course
This is an introductory short course to principles of digital illustration in a comic book and animation style. The contents are focused on fine art principles and methods on how to integrate these techniques into a digital workflow.
Who it's for
- Creative individuals who wish to transition from traditional to digital illustration
- Media professionals wanting to develop their technical abilities in a digital format
- There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 16 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- For delegates who are 14 or 15 years old and wish to join our short courses, a special consideration process from management is required.
Duration: 6 Weeks
Course fee: 5,000 AED
Timings: 2x Weekdays 6pm-9pm
Qualifications: Digital Illustration Certificate
- Photoshop interface for the digital painter
- Fine-art drawing exercises
- Drawing with a Wacom tablet
- Setting up layer and introduction to two basic drawing styles, gesture and contour
- Finding accurate tones and values
- How to smoothen edges and create textures
- How to adjust Photoshop controls to further enhance your digital painting.
- Still-life painting
- Toning in grayscale
- Measuring techniques for accurate angles
- Environment painting
- Introduction to perspective
- Working with thumbnails to create believable environments
- Penciling characters
- Digital Inking: How to polish your pencils into finished inked linework
- Speed painting
- Introduction to quick tonal studies
- Introduction to color
- Rendering in light and shadow
- Creating character model sheets for comics and animation
- Bringing it all together and final portfolio submissions