Mobile Apps Development Course
What you need to know about this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of programming for mobile phones (iOS and Android devices). Along with application development, the business model of the Apple App Store and Android Market will be explored.
Participants will be introduced to the programming environment for application development and will have a hands-on approach to programming using the appropriate programming languages.
Participants will be able to produce functional applications at the end of the course.
Who it's for
Participants should possess eagerness to learn programming and keen to embark on a journey as architects of their own software.
Previous background in programming is not compulsory but is recommended as sessions include fundamentals of programming in addition to the theories and technicalities to develop mobile software.
Date & Time
- May 26
- 8 weeks
- Sundays and Wednesdays
- SAE Mobile Apps Development Short Course Certificate
- AED 8000
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 17 years of age upon commencement of the course.
- Introduction to Objective-C and the frameworks used for development
- Introduction to Java and Eclipse programming environment
- Fundamentals of Objective C / Java / C# Programming
- iPhone / Android / Monotouch SDKs & programming environment
- Navigating around the mobile programming environment and its various related resources
- Mobile app business model
- Introduction to mobile specific frameworks used for development
- Resources and example tutorials on mobile Development
- Devices specific APIs such as accelerometer control, camera usage, GPS, Location services
- Preparation of iPhone and Android application for submission
- Knowledge on how the Apple app and Android Market processes work
Amir Jahanlou is a self taught computer animator and programmer. He started his career as a computer graphics artist in 1997 and soon after he worked as a 3D animator for numerous TV stations and post production houses in Tehran and Dubai.
Currently, he is the course coordinator of games programming at SAE Institute Dubai. Prior to commencement of his work with SAE Dubai, he has worked in several post-production houses in UAE on products for TV commercials and Visual Effects.
He holds a BA in computer animation and is in process of finishing his MA in Digital Creative Media.