Graphic Design Short Course
What you need to know about this course
This course introduces students to the world of graphic design and visual communication. The course equips you with professional skills enabling you to create and design your own publications for print.
The course will give you an overview of the complete professional Graphic Design production process; from the development of visual concepts and communication strategies, project planning and pitching to the design implementation in professional graphic software, pre-press, quality control and finally the successful presentation of the final product.
Who it's for
- All creatives with a passion for visual communication and arts who would like to get a basic introduction to Graphic Design.
- High School leavers who need to prepare a portfolio for a full time Graphic Design study program.
- Marketing and Communication professionals who would like to gain a better understanding of the creative workflow.
- Entrepreneurs who would like to be able to design graphics for their corporate communication such as logos, business cards or newspaper advertisements.
There are no academic requirements to participate in this programme. The student needs to be a minimum of 17 years of age upon commencement of the course.
Date & Time
- June 8
- 12 Saturdays
- 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- SAE Graphic Design Certificate
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- AED 9500
- Design principles
- Color theory
- Visual communication
- Professional skills in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Logo Design
- Business cards, letterheads, advertisements, brochures and posters
- Project management
Aleks earned his Bachelor Degree of Graphic Design from Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade in 2000. And also, has a Master of Design Degree in Faculty of Applied Arts in Belgrade 2006 / graphics communication.
His mission is to create intelligent, custom communication solutions for client's needs. He works in all forms of media including motion graphics, digital media, corporate videos, print, web, illustration and photography.
Jobert has earned his Multimedia degree from SAE Institute Dubai in March 2010. Right away after graduating, he was offered by SAE to work there as a web designer and has accepted the offer. A month later, he began teaching graphic design and web development.
So far, he has been enjoying his career in SAE as he continues to gain more experience and opportunities. He has also worked with companies such as, Infusion, Blue banana, and Memac Ogilvy.
Aside from graphic/web designing, Jobert enjoys other things such as, basketball, billiards, motion graphics, music, photography, and movies.