For Degree Courses
Students seeking admission to SAE must be at least 17 years of age at the time of admission.
Applicants must satisfy one of the following minimum entry criteria:
- High School completion certificate equivalent to the Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE), OR
- Completion of a diploma level qualification issued under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF), OR
- Successful completion of our Foundation course,
- Alternative entry for applicants who do not meet the requirements of options 1, 2, or 3. Please read the section below on alternative entry or contact your campus directly for more information.
English language requirements
Students have to provide additional evidence of language skills and complete one of the following:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): A band score of 6 or higher for a Higher Education (HE) course and 5.5 or higher for a VET course (only the Academic Test is accepted), OR
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A score of 550 or higher (paper based test), 60 or higher (internet based test) for a Higher Education (HE) course and a minimum score of 527 (paper based test) or 46 (internet based test) for a VET course, OR
- International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR): An overall rating of 3, OR
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Academic score of 50 (or higher) for a Higher Education (HE) course, and an Academic score of 42 (or higher) for a vocational education program, OR
- Completion of Year 12 English at an Australian secondary school or college or equivalent with a minimum result of “Satisfactory” or equivalent.