SAE recognise that preparation for study is not restricted to formal educational attainment and that valuable cognitive and skills development can be gained through experience.
SAE will review applications on a case by case basis if you:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Do not have formal qualifications for entry
- Seek admission to courses on the basis of your aptitude for higher learning and skills development through professional, work, life experience and non-accredited study.
To apply via Alternative Entry, students are required to undertake an interview with an assigned representative of SAE and provide supporting evidence that may include:
- Records of any formal qualifications attained
- Evidence of any informal studies undertaken
- References relating to work history relevant to the chosen field of study (if applicable)
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae and
- A portfolio of relevant materials that demonstrates creative aptitude, knowledge, technical skills and abilities.
In addition, candidates may also be asked to undertake our foundation course to satisfactorily demonstrate capacity to meet the degree course requirements.
In all cases Alternative Entry into a HE course will only be granted to students with at least a Year 10 level of schooling.
To set up an Alternative Entry Application meeting, please contact your campus.